DevOps, Internet Plumbing, Data Wrangling, Site Reliability, Honey Badger
Languages / Tools
Python, Django, Celery, Docker, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, HAProxy, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Ansible
Services / Products
Fortinet, Google Apps, Kubernetes, Procurve, VideoInsight, VMware
Hillsborough Public Schools - Hillsborough, NJ
Tech: VMware, Cisco, Linux, Windows, Google Apps Suite, Kubernetes
AUG 2013 - PRESENT
- Managing Server Operations on Linux and Windows
- Managing Procurve Switches, Fortinet Firewalls and Cisco Phones.
- Developed a web application for Inventory, Support Tickets, Training and Data Integration servicing 10,000 users using open source tools and Google APIs.
- Implemented Veeam backups and a new Security/Video System.
- Automated team tasks towards a 70/30 split, prioritizing our time to improve future operations instead of treading water.
Sentry Insurance - Stevens Point, WI
Tech: .NET, Avaya, Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server, TSM, Dynatrace
MAY 2012 - JUL 2013
- Maintained TSM backup system, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- On-Call NOC for multiple remote oces.
- Organize cross-team communication during incidents.
- Installing and updating software on servers using PowerShell.
- Developed a monitoring solution for backups on 2,500+ servers.
University of Wisconsin-Stout
B.S, Information Technology Management
Minor in Computer Science
- Manager of the help desk servicing the 1:1 laptop program and 10,000 users.
- Developed custom software deployment solution using VB.net
Custom Django application for class rosters, inventory, support tickets, training courses, outage notifications, and user management.
Technology: Celery, Django, Kubernetes, MySQL, Python
I have created custom integrations for sending data to external services: Genesis, Hapara, Mealtime, Pearson, ReadingAZ, Science4us, Versatrans. Technology: Powershell, Python
TSM Monitoring Tool
Developed a desktop and web application for monitoring backups on 2,500+ servers. The NOC was responsible for determining if a backup had failed, and resolving the problem. If a backup failed two nights in a row, the storage team had to be notified. My Application determined the error code and suggested resolutions for the problem, tracking how many failures and the history of backups for the server. Technology: VB.Net
Compellent Virtual Machine Deployment
Developed a Web Application to automate virtual machine deployment on VMware using a Compellent SAN Technology: Powershell, VB.Net